There are many reasons to use a baby sling. You can use one just to go places, or around the house. Because ‘babywearing’ is convenient or because NOT using a sling was just driving you mad and tying you to the house. Here are our favourite reasons for using a baby sling, what are yours?
1. You need your hands free to get things done around the house or look after older siblings.
2. Using a pram on a bus or on the tube is hard work.
3. The closeness is just lovely. Babies grow up so fast, enjoy their baby hood as much as possible.
4. Daddy can catch up on bonding time with baby.
5. Being carried comforts a baby. Babies carried during the day cry 50% less in the evening.
6. A baby sling can help soothe a baby with reflux.
7. Baby can nap any time he wants snuggled up against your chest, you’re not stuck at home.
8. You can breastfeed your baby discreetly when you’re out and about. At home, using a baby sling while breastfeeding frees one hand to read a book with your toddler, stroke your baby’s head or chat to friends on the phone.
9. A well fitted baby sling will avoid strain on your back by spreading the weight efficiently.
10. Baby slings are just so pretty, it’s like a whole new shoe addiction!
We’d love to hear from you, what are your favourite reasons for using a baby sling?