With so many baby slings to choose from, it can be difficult to decide which child carrier to buy for your baby. To decide which child carrier will suit your baby most, you need to think about how your will be using it. Answering these simple five questions will help you think about what you expect from your baby sling and how you would like to use it.
- How old is your baby? If you’re shopping while you’re pregnant or while your baby is a newborn, make sure that you child carrier is suitable from birth. If your baby is already a year old, check how long you can use it for.
- Do you suffer from back pain? If you suffer from back pain, focus on a child carrier that will spread the weight of the baby efficiently across your back, shoulders and hips. To avoid having to lean forward or back, make sure that the baby can be held snugly against you.
- Will you be using your child carrier while feeding your baby? Bottle feeding or breastfeeding can be made a lot easier using a baby sling. Some are easier than others, read the product description carefully or ask us for help.
- What’s your lifestyle? Do you live in a city or the countryside? Do you take long hikes in the country, or are in and out of the car several times a day. Do you have older children to look after?
- Does your baby have any health condition? For example, babies will reflux will need to be held upright in their child carrier for long periods of time.
Most baby slings can be used in all situations but each have their strengths and weaknesses, things they will be more adapted for. Choose your child carrier well and it will be much easier to use.