The Wilkinet is one of the most loved baby carriers. Parents of young babies, parents using a baby sling for the first time are all amazed by the comfort and the ‘snug’ feeling when they use a Wilkinet for the first time. It is when you carry your baby for prolonged periods of time that you realise just how comfortable it is. When your Wilkinet is well adjusted, your shoulders or your back don’t hurt. Your baby remains well supported in the baby baby carrier.
Let’s look at some of the reasons that makes the Wilkinet one of the best baby carriers.
- Baby is held close against your body. The Wilkinet keeps the centre of gravity within your body. You don’t need to lean forward or backwards to compensate for your baby’s weight. Your baby is not pulling away from you nor is he dangling from side to side while you walk.
- The Wilkinet is as comfortable as a baby wrap but the streamlined shoulder straps can be easier to use. The straps of the Wilkinet are designed to stay firmly in place, they don’t ride up your back or towards your neck. This would cause pain across parent’s upper back and neck. When the shoulder straps of a baby carrier don’t stay in place, you will often see the parent support the baby’s weight to relieve some of the discomfort.
- The Wilkinet combines some gently padded shoulder straps with a unique method of wrapping the straps. This method distributes the weight evenly without putting causing pressure points.
- The Wilkinet provides gentle support for your baby. The head, back and leg support are all cushioned for his comfort. This padding allows you to snuggle your baby and provide the support he needs for a healthy development, especially for young babies. It supports the baby’s weight under its bottom and thighs, and providing support for his/her back and head as if being held in your arms.
- No rings, zips, clips or buckles. The Wilkinet is purely a tie-on baby carrier. This means you can adjust the baby carrier exactly to your body shape and preferences.