A cellular blanket is a classic new baby gift. Generations of babies have been wrapped and cuddled in these soft loosely knitted blankets. Although they may look similar to one you might have seen in the family house’s attic or in the hospital, modern baby blankets are softer than ever. A cellular blanket is made to be light, durable and buttery soft.Here are a few things to look for in a baby cellular blanket:
- The special knit is either a loose knit, or designed to include little squares or holes. It allows the blanket to be slightly stretchy, wrapping gently around your baby. Baby can still wiggle without kicking the blanket and getting cold.
- A cellular blanket should be 100% cotton. The natural properties of natural cotton will help your baby regulate his temperature, cooling him down in summer and keeping him warm in winter.
- Baby blankets are now available in 100% organic cotton. With organic cotton bedding , you have the guarantee that no harmful chemicals have been used to produce the cotton. This is essential to protect your baby’s delicate skin.
- You might be buying your baby’s cellular blanket while pregnant and before you know whether you’re having a boy or a girl. In that case, the natural cotton (pictured) is a delightful option. The Disana cellular blanket is also available in blue and pink.
- The size of the blanket should be generous enough to use on the floor, in the pram, in the cot, or in the car seat. It is also useful to wrap over your baby while breastfeeding.