The Wonder Weeks. How to stimulate your baby’s mental development and help him turn his 10 predictable, great, fussy phases into magical leaps forwarddescribes in easy-to-understand terms the incredible developmental changes that all babies go through during the first 20 months of their lives.
This is the extended, “fat” edition with 2 more chapters covering 2 more leaps in the mental development of your baby up to the end of the sensorimotor period.
The book is based on the discovery of a little known phenomenon: all normal, healthy babies appear to be more tearful, troublesome, demanding and clingy at very nearly the same ages.
These age-related fluctuations in need for body contact and attention are related to major and quite dramatic changes in the brains of the children. These changes enable a baby to enter a whole new perceptual world and, as a consequence, to learn many new skills. This should be a reason for celebration, but as far as the baby is concerned these changes are bewildering. He’s taken aback — everything has changed overnight. It is as if he has woken up on a strange planet.
The book includes:
• Week-by-week guide to baby’s behavior
• An explanation of the markers for cranky, clingy, crying (the three C’s) behavior and how to deal with them
• A description from your baby’s perspective of the world around him and how you can understand the changes he’s going through
• Fun games and gentle activities you can do with your child
The book offers parents:
• Support in times of trouble
• Help in understanding their baby
• Hints on how to help their baby play and learn
• A unique account of their baby’s development
For more detailed information about contents and the research behind the book, please visit www.thewonderweeks.com