You will need to wash your new nappies a few times before you use them to ensure they are fully absorbent. We suggest that you just wash and use a few nappies first to make sure they suit your baby as you will not be able to return any used or washed nappies.
When you need to change your baby, flush the disposable liner down the loo and pop the soiled nappy into your nappy bucket, ready for washing.
If you are using a 2-part nappy system, you can wipe the wrap out ready to be used again, unless it is very soiled.
Please refer to individual manufacturers’ guides for specific instructions – you will find more information on our website at www.naturalnursery.co.uk/reusable-nappies-advice.html
To wash your nappies:
- Flip any solids off the nappy and into the loo before you put them in your nappy bucket
- There is no need to soak your nappies – dry pailing (without water) is much easier
- Wash at 60 degrees (or lower if you like)
- Use only 1/3 of the amount of detergent normally used
- Make sure you use a non-bio detergent that does not have perfumes, dyes, whiteners, brighteners or enzymes
- Do NOT add fabric conditioner, baking soda, bleach or vinegar
- Where possible, line dry your nappies but many can be tumble dried on low if necessary